August 2nd, 3rd & 4th
FRIDAY, AUG. 2nd
- Deckerville Public Library BOOK SALE - held inside library, 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m
- GARAGE SALES throughout the town - 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- American Legion BEER TENT at Wilson Park - 4:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m
- HORSESHOE QUALIFYING MATCHES at Wilson Park - all evening“Special Old Timers Doubles" HORSESHOE TOURNEY at Wilson Park - 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
TTPA TRACTOR PULL at Wilson Park, sponsored by Homecoming Committee - starts at 5:00 p.m.
- BECHLER'S ICE CREAM TRAILER and Fun Food Concessions at Wilson Park - starts at 5:00 p.m.
- JOSEPHINE'S MEXICAN FOOD BOOTH at Wilson Park - starts at 5:00 p.m.
- THUMB'S UP SNOWMOBILE CLUB at Wilson Park - starts at 5:00 p.m.
- Various FOOD BOOTHS at Wilson Park - all evening
- The Good Timer's FOOD BOOTH at Wilson Park - starts at 5:00 p.m.
- DECKERVILLE PTO CONCESSION STAND at the school prior to the fireworks
- FIREWORKS, behind Deckerville School at dusk (rain date is Saturday, Aug. 3rd at dusk), concessions available on site.
- John & Char D.J. at American Legion Beer Tent - from 9:00 p.m. to 12:00 midnight
- SANILAC TRANSPORTATION BUS, available at Wilson Park - from 11:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m.
3-on-3 BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT, sponsored by and proceeds to DHS Boys and Girls Basketball Programs, at Wilson Park, starts at 8:00 a.m.
- 3-POINT SHOOT-OUT CONTEST and Free Throw Contest at Wilson Park Tennis Courts, starts after parade
- 5K RUN/WALK starts at school, sponsored by & proceeds to DHS Track Team - starts at 8:00 a.m.
- CRAFT SHOW at the Community Center, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m
- Trinity Lutheran Church, Forestville, BAKE SALE at Community Center Craft Show - 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Deckerville Public Library BOOK SALE, held inside library - 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m
- DECKERVILLE HISTORICAL MUSEUM - open from 10 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., located at 2485 Black River Street
- BECHLER'S Ice Cream Trailer & Fun Food Concessions at Wilson Park starts at noon
- Various FOOD BOOTHS at Wilson Park - all day and evening
- American Legion BEER TENT at Wilson Park - all day until 1:00 a.m.
- HORSESHOE PITCHING FINALS at Wilson Park - all day
- PRE-PARADE ENTERTAINMENT by past Deckerville Idol Contestant Winners at Grandstand on Main Street, sponsored by Homecoming Committee starting at 11 a.m.
- “PET PARADE” on Main Street, sponsored by Homecoming Committee - starts at 12:00 noon
- GRAND PARADE "Having a 'BLAST' for the PAST 20 years!", sponsored by DLOW, starts at noon (Rain Date Sunday, Aug. 4th at 1 p.m.)
- TOT BABY CONTEST winners announced at grandstand before parade, sponsored by Homecoming Committee
- 8th annual CO-ED MUD VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT, pre-registration required, forms at local businesses, sponsored by Deckerville Homecoming Committee and “The Good Timers” - games start at 7:00 a.m.
- DINNERS AT THE PARK - by THE GOODTIMER'S - starts after parade at Wilson Park
- Kid’s Entertainment: SPACE WALK, sponsored by DLOW at Wilson Park - from 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- HUMAN DOG SLED RACE - at Wilson Park, sign up by Mud Volleyball area - sign up after parade - race at 2:00 p.m sponsored by The Good Timer's
- COW PLOP DROP - at Wilson Park after the parade - sponsored by The Good Timer's
- “JEWLS THE CLOWN” comedy show at Wilson Park starts at 1:00 p.m. & balloon sculpting until 5:00 p.m.
- Eastern Michigan Tractor Pull Association TRACTOR PULL at Wilson Park - starts at 3:00 p.m.
- THUMB'S UP SNOWMOBILE CLUB FOOD BOOTH, at Wilson Park
- JOSEPHINE'S MEXICAN FOOD BOOTH at Wilson Park - starts after parade
- CLASSIC CAR SHOW on Main Street - at 1:00 p.m.; awards at 4:00 p.m.; cruise starts at 4:00 p.m., sponsored by Homecoming Committee and area businesses
- 11th annual DECKERVILLE IDOL Singing Competition in Las Vegas Tent at Wilson Park - cash prizes! Sponsored by Homecoming Committee and area businesses, pre-registration is required - starts at 1:30 p.m. hosted by John & Char D.J.
- KARAOKE CONTEST after Idol Competition - until 5:00 p.m., in Las Vegas Tent at Wilson Park
- Good Timer's FOOD BOOTH at Wilson Park - starts at 8:00 p.m.
- LIVE BAND - “Hipakritz", at Wilson Park - from 9:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m
- SANILAC TRANSPORTATION BUS available at Wilson Park - from 11:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m.
- HOMECOMING RAFFLE Tickets Drawing, at Wilson Park Pavilion, all cash prizes - at 12:00 midnight
- Deckerville League of Women "GAS & FOOD GIVE-AWAY" RAFFLE-all proceeds to local needs- Drawing at Wilson Park Pavilion at 12 midnight
SUNDAY, AUG. 4th
CO-ED SOFTBALL TOURNEY at Sanilac Sportsmen’s Club (5 miles east of Deckerville & 3/4 south on Goetze Rd.) - all day; Chicken BBQ starts at 12:00 noon, fun for the whole family!