August 1st, 2nd & 3rd
FRIDAY, AUG. 1st
- Deckerville Public Library BOOK SALE - held inside library, 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m
- GARAGE SALES throughout the town - 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- HEALTH FAIR "FUNTASTIC FAMILY FAIR" 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at Deckerville Community Schools sponsored by Deckerville Community Hospital, Autumnwood of Deckerville, Fit by Four.
- American Legion BEER TENT at Wilson Park - 4:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m
- HORSESHOE QUALIFYING MATCHES at Wilson Park - all evening“Special Old Timers Doubles" HORSESHOE TOURNEY at Wilson Park - 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
TTPA TRACTOR PULL at Wilson Park, sponsored by Homecoming Committee - starts at 5:00 p.m.
- THUMB'S UP SNOWMOBILE CLUB at Wilson Park - starts at 5:00 p.m.
- Various FOOD BOOTHS at Wilson Park - all evening
- The Good Timer's FOOD BOOTH at Wilson Park - starts at 5:00 p.m.
- CONCESSION's at the school prior to the fireworks proceeds to Autumnwood Activity Dept.
- FIREWORKS, behind Deckerville School at dusk (rain date is Saturday, Aug. 2nd at dusk), concessions available on site.
- John & Char D.J. at American Legion Beer Tent - from 9:00 p.m. to 12:00 midnight
- SANILAC TRANSPORTATION BUS, available at Wilson Park - from 11:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m.
- 5K RUN/WALK starts at school, sponsored by & proceeds to DHS Track Team - starts at 8:00 a.m.
- CRAFT SHOW at the Community Center, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m
- Trinity Lutheran Church, Forestville, BAKE SALE at Community Center Craft Show - 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Deckerville Public Library BOOK SALE, held inside library - 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m
- DECKERVILLE HISTORICAL MUSEUM - open from 10 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., located at 2485 Black River Street
- Various FOOD BOOTHS at Wilson Park - all day and evening
- American Legion BEER TENT at Wilson Park - all day until 1:00 a.m.
- HORSESHOE PITCHING FINALS at Wilson Park - all day
- PRE-PARADE ENTERTAINMENT by past Deckerville Idol Contestant Winners at Grandstand on Main Street, sponsored by Homecoming Committee starting at 11 a.m.
- “PET PARADE” on Main Street, sponsored by Homecoming Committee - starts at 12:00 noon
- GRAND PARADE "Deckerville's Super Heroes", sponsored by DLOW, starts at noon (Rain Date Sunday, Aug. 3rd at 1 p.m.
- 9th annual CO-ED MUD VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT, pre-registration required, forms at local businesses, sponsored by Deckerville Homecoming Committee and “The Good Timers” - games start at 7:00 a.m.
- DINNERS AT THE PARK - by THE GOODTIMER'S - starts after parade at Wilson Park proceeds to the Brandon Trowhill Scholarship Fund.
- Kid’s Entertainment: SPACE WALK, sponsored by DLOW & Deckerville Homecoming Committee Wilson Park - from 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- TUG 'O' WAR - at Wilson Park after the parade - sponsored by the Good Timer's
- COW PLOP DROP - at Wilson Park after the parade - sponsored by The Good Timer's
- “JEWLS THE CLOWN” comedy show at Wilson Park starts at 1:00 p.m. & balloon sculpting until 5:00 p.m.
- Eastern Michigan Tractor Pull Association TRACTOR PULL at Wilson Park - starts at 3:00 p.m.
- WHISPERING PINES PETTING ZOO at Wilson Park after the parade - 4:00 p.m.
- THUMB'S UP SNOWMOBILE CLUB FOOD BOOTH, at Wilson Park
- CLASSIC CAR SHOW on Main Street - at 1:00 p.m.; awards at 4:00 p.m.; cruise starts at 4:00 p.m., sponsored by Homecoming Committee and area businesses
- 12th annual DECKERVILLE IDOL Singing Competition in Las Vegas Tent at Wilson Park - cash prizes! Sponsored by Homecoming Committee and area businesses, pre-registration is required - starts at 1:30 p.m. hosted by John & Char D.J.
- KARAOKE CONTEST after Idol Competition - until 5:00 p.m., in Las Vegas Tent at Wilson Park
- DHS ALUMNI BASEBALL GAME, at DHS Baseball Field, starts at 6:00 p.m. (email Cam O'Mara at email@example.com for details).
- Good Timer's FOOD BOOTH at Wilson Park - starts at 8:00 p.m.
- LIVE BAND returning for a 2nd year - “Hipakritz", at Wilson Park - from 9:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m
- SANILAC TRANSPORTATION BUS available at Wilson Park - from 11:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m.
- HOMECOMING RAFFLE Tickets Drawing, at Wilson Park Pavilion, all cash prizes - at 12:00 midnight
- Deckerville League of Women "GAS & FOOD GIVE-AWAY" RAFFLE-all proceeds to local needs- Drawing at Wilson Park Pavilion at 12 midnight
- SANDUSKY VFW RAFFLE - John Deere Gator 625I, all weekend
SUNDAY, AUG. 4th
CO-ED SOFTBALL TOURNEY at Sanilac Sportsmen’s Club (5 miles east of Deckerville & 3/4 south on Goetze Rd.) - all day; Chicken BBQ starts at 12:00 noon, fun for the whole family!